There are way too many people silently suffering through financial struggles because of shame.
Dealing With a Sick Child
It hurts when they are little, and that worry never goes away.
Some mom’s even admit to checking their baby’s pulse at night, just in case.
As a parent, we tend to feel so helpless when our children are hurt or sick. That’s a heavy burden that can break our hearts.
Death Of a Loved One
Loss of a loved one leaves a hole behind. It seems for a long, long time like the hole will never be filled.
There are so many times people will offer well-intentioned words like “they’re in a better place” or, “at least they aren’t suffering”, but those dismissive phrases cannot take away the realness of your pain and truth of the emptiness.
You probably know exactly which of these scenarios you identify with.
Or perhaps l, you have a combination of hearing break scenarios bringing you down.
Let’s take a look at some possible stages of heartbreak to find out what to do next.
What Are The Healing Stages of Heartbreak?
“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
● Acknowledge and Accept Your Feelings. The first step to healing is being honest with yourself and calling it like it is.
● Explore Healthy Ways to Process Your Pain. Turn to healthy ways to cope like going for walks, meditating, or trying a new skill.
● Create a Positive Support System. Evaluate who you have available, and if you aren’t able to call a friend or a family member, reach out to a local church. Many have group counseling available for grief and relationships.
● Forgive Yourself and Others; Then Let Go of Blame and Guilt. No matter who was at fault, forgive. No matter how big or small the hurt, forgive.
● Make Self-Care a Priority. Shower, change your clothes, put on deodorant. Take care of yourself. The more you do, the more you lift yourself out of sadness.
● Focus on growing from the experience. Make a list of all the things you learned. Write it down in a notebook and add to it as you go.
● Take time for the things you love to do. God created you with interests, talents, and skills. Don’t deny yourself doing things you like to do, make time for them.
“‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.””
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”