Reading the bible everyday and Meditate on Scriptures, is so important for us to learn God’s truths and apply them in our lives.
We learn God’s word by hearing, reading, memorizing, and meditating. This helps us avoid the pitfalls that prevent most people from receiving the gift of eternal life
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God. (Matthew 4:4)
We need to read it every day to gain knowledge about God and His ways but we can’t just read the scriptures.
Memorizing the Scriptures Daily
We have to memorize the verses and then meditate on scriptures so that we can be saturated with the truths of the Bible.
Memorization strengthens our faith and ministry because it repeatedly reinforces our faith.
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
As we allow the Holy Spirit to teach us, we grow in our relationship with God and come to know Him better.
Scripture memory can prepare us for unexpected opportunities to witness and counsel. These verses are hidden deep within us until we use them with our mouth.
Memorization Stimulates Meditation
You can meditate on a scriptures you memorized at any time.
When we meditate on Bible verses, we allow the Holy Spirit to interpret them for us so we can understand God’s word better and apply them to our lives.
So meditate on Bible verses every day and allow the Holy Spirit to transform you into the person He desires you to be.
This is something that helps you have a more meaningful life, and it’s something that helps you connect with God.
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
The world views meditation as emptying our minds. However, we as Christians meditate so we can fill our minds with the word of God.
Meditation is a biblical practice that allows us to get closer to God. Meditation allows us to examine God’s Word and the promises He has for us.
To get the most out of your meditation, make sure you spend time memorizing the scriptures.
Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts.
Scripture Memory Tips
- Write down the verse on a post-it, an index card etc.
- Write it in your own words to make it easier for you to remember.
- Read the verse everyday while doing the same activity; eating, brushing your teeth, using the bathroom etc.
- Create a short story using that verse.
- Share the verse with your friends on social media (spread the love)
- Get an accountability partner. Find someone to memorize the verse with and you can test each other every week.
- Try referring back to the same scripture when you move on to another scripture. Let’s see how good your memory is.
- Find a quiet setting ideal for you to seek His face in prayer.
- Review the scripture and then pray again, ask the Lord for revelation.
- Get a journal and write down everything that comes to mind. You don’t want to miss anything.
- Listen to soft worship music in the background. I listen to Christian piano instrumentals. It’s perfect to set the atmosphere.
- Then soak it all in as the Holy Spirit engulfs you with all that goodness.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
As you get into a routine of memorizing and meditating on scripture you will notice a difference in your attitude, the way you speak and just your general outlook on life.
There is power in the scriptures that transforms us into a new creation. That is part of the beauty of being born again.
This is part of the process and it’s very crucial.
I wear many hats; Wife, Mom, Minister, Blogger and Entrepreneur.
It’s not easy juggling everything but with the Grace of God, I can do all things!
My plate is full but my cup runneth over!!